Supercharge Your Breakfast
How to get out of bed every morning? With the super-powers of oatmeal! I’ve been optimizing the following recipe for close to a year now, experimenting (i.e., eating it) almost daily. I love it.
The recipe is almost vegan (just substitute honey with, say, date syrup), and contains loads of vitamins and minerals people claim vegans lack. So, not only it gets you out of bed, it also gives you a head-start on precious nutrients for the day!
Finally, it’s just amazingly delicious. Imagine eating cake for breakfast, every day, except that it’s healthy. How awesome is that?
Without further ado, here we go:
|Fortified plant milk||250ml|
|Basic Porridge Mix||15g|
|Honey||1 Tbsp (15g)|
|Cinnamon Powder||to taste|
- Pour the plant milk into a pot and set to medium heat.
- Measure the rolled oats and porridge mix and add them to the milk, stirring once in a while.
- While the stuff is heating up, put the flaxseeds and crumbled walnuts into your bowl.
- Peel and slice the banana and put it into your bowl.
- Add the honey into the pot and stir.
- Once the oat/porridge/honey mix is hot, pour it into your bowl.
- Add cinnamon. More. Still more. I love cinnamon.
- Mix and devour the tastiest breakfast in the world.
Now, you can feel good about providing your body with the following healthy building blocks of life:
|- Sugar (g)||26.1||-||-|
You check off Omega-3, and 2/3 of your daily iron supply, and over-index on all of these important minerals and vitamins, while savoring a super tasty oatmeal breakfast!
The fine-print: I’m not a doctor nor nutritionist. For a detailed look at the numbers, check this spreadsheet.